Sunday, January 2, 2011

Photo Journal Walk






So I walked around in Redondo Beach. I've grown up here and it will always be home to me. As I walked and saw all of the things that are all so familiar to me I realized how long I've taken for granted how beautiful a place I live in. I walked along the beach on the board walk till I reached the end which is about a mile long from my house. I sat at the end and thought about my goals and where I want to end up in life. I have a long road till I reach where I want to end up but I'm motivated to get there. I then walked up to my grandparents property. They still own the house but my grandfather died a year ago in October and my grandmother now lives with either my uncles or our house. As I looked out from there property I remembered my grandfather and how much he loved the view. I then thought about where he had gone in his life. He is my inspiration. He had over 200 patents for Boeing. He is the brightest person I've ever met, and probably will ever meet. I want to live up to his expectations, his goals that he had for me. I remember him telling me that it is all mental. "If you are motivated" he would say, "you can do whatever you want." I then walked down to the park I spent so many summers in. I learned how to ride a bike in this park. This is home to me. I sat down and thought of all my favorite memories. Building forts, walking all the trails in the forest, playing on the jungle gym, and buying 5 cent candies from the general store that no longer is open. This is my home, and always will be my home. Although I plan to leave Washington because of the cold, wet weather. I will always remember those great days. The good old days in which I spent running around on my bike. I will always cherish these spots. Things change but the will always be the same to me.

1 comment:

MsWeisman said...

Cool synthesis of ideas Zach-- everything from reflecting on where you've been, and where your grandfather has been, to how you want to conduct yourself in moving foward... This is a powerful reflection. Excited to see/hear where you go next. :)

15/15